The Assistant Legal Counsel provides legal support to Cleveland Metroparks on general legal matters including; real property use and acquisition, procurement of goods and services, professional service agreements, construction contracts, construction bidding, ethics, risk management and insurance matters, environmental compliance, and other legal areas. The Assistant Legal Counsel also steps in when the Chief Legal & Ethics Counsel is unavailable to provide general organizational legal advice and support for day-to-day activities and board meetings.
1) Regular and predictable attendance is expected and required. All Cleveland Metroparks employees must be prepared to work flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
2) Prepares real estate transactions including, but not limited to; purchase agreements, leases, easements, rights of entry, and licenses. Reviews the commitment/surveys and the resolution of objections contained in title and survey comment letters. Coordinates and facilitates the closing and post-closing of real estate transactions. Also, needs to be familiar with environmental restrictions and laws.
3) Reviews, revises, and prepares legal documents and contracts. An example of some of these documents and contracts would be the procurement of goods and services, professional services agreements, construction contracts, construction bidding, and environmental compliance.
4) Monitors and administers procurement and contract policies and procedures to ensure compliance with established legal authorities. Also, engages in negotiations and contract preparation.
5) Maintains and analyzes federal, state, and local legislation and case law affecting Cleveland Metroparks, and recommends response strategies.
6) Provides a court/administrative hearing representative, legal research and legal memorandum and policy drafting for Cleveland Metroparks. Manages and maintains civil litigation caseload.
7) Reviews and responds to internal and external inquiries regarding open records. Coordinates with other departments, and determines whether there is an exception, or open records requirements.
8) Provides legal advice to the Chiefs at Cleveland Metroparks when the Chief Legal & Ethics Officer is not available for the meetings, attends board meetings and other high level meetings.
9) Keeps direct supervisor promptly informed of key/significant issues or concerns.
10) Carries out duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner to maintain a safe work environment and surrounding area for oneself, co-workers and public. Responds to hazardous situations and/or potentially unsafe conditions by taking corrective action as capable and promptly notifying supervisory personnel.
11) Updates and enhances own knowledge by involvement in continuing education for professional growth (i.e., attends relevant conferences, seminars, in-service trainings, and certification programs)
12) Performs related duties as assigned or apparent.
Filing Deadline: 11/9/2017
Click here for more details.
Ohio Women's Bar Association | 136 South Keowee Street | Dayton, Ohio 45402 | Phone (866) 932-6922 | Email email@example.com