The Ohio Women's Bar Association and Ohio Women's Bar Foundation Board of Trustees have signed the Cleveland Pledge to Promote Equity and Inclusion. Our Board of Trustees are committed to the following statements to promote equity and inclusion in our community:
- Being an informed voter and encouraging others to be informed voters.
- Diversifying my news sources so that I am exposed to differing perspectives and points of view.
- Keeping an open mind, reserving judgment, and engaging in civil civic dialogue.
- Actively seeking out those with backgrounds different from my own and listening to their thoughts without judgment.
- Forgiving words written or spoken in anger and seeking to understand the source of their discontent.
- Participating in educational forums and civic engagement opportunities offered by organizations such as Cleveland Leadership Center, The City Club of Cleveland, Global Cleveland, Business Volunteers Unlimited, Cleveland Council on World Affairs, and Engage! Cleveland so to expand my thinking and gain better understanding of our community.
- Pursuing opportunities to read and educate myself so I may speak with an informed voice to open the minds of others.
To view the pledge and sign individually, click here.