Law Student Scholarship
The Ohio Women’s Bar Foundation (OWBF) will be granting a scholarship in the amount of $1,000 to one law student for the 2014-2015 school year. The deadline for submission is March 7th, 2014, and the scholarship will be presented to the winner at the Ohio Women’s Bar Association's Annual Meeting on May 8th, at the Sheraton on Capitol Square, Columbus, Ohio.
The OWBF is the OWBA's charitable arm. Formed in 2008, the Ohio Women’s Bar Foundation's mission is to accelerate the advancement of women lawyers as leaders in the profession and to facilitate their service to the community. It seeks to achieve its mission by collaborating with the OWBA and strategically securing the resources necessary to provide and fund extraordinary educational opportunities that enable Ohio’s women lawyers to advance in the profession and serve their communities. The OWBF is a 501 (c)(3).
The OWBA was formed in 1991 to build a community of lawyers who are interested in the issues that uniquely affect women. The OWBA will be celebrating its 20th year. The mission of the OWBA is to promote the leadership, advancement and interests of women attorneys through professional education, networking and the exchange of ideas between our members, local bar associations, business and the community. This includes:
The OWBF is currently accepting applications. Click here to apply.
- Fostering communications and networking among women attorneys.
- Promoting and advancing professional opportunities for women attorneys.
- Promoting the appointment and selection of women to various federal, state and local positions of influence.
- Promoting women as leaders.
- Promoting and providing continuing legal education targeting areas of particular interest to women attorneys.
- Monitoring and supporting government legislation, policies, and practices affecting women.
- Serving as a statewide resource representing perspectives of women in the legal profession.